This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for the website hosted at https://www.arcticshores.com/ (“we“,”us” and “our Site“). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of European data protection law, (the “Data Protection Law“), the data controller is Arctic Shores Limited, with registered address Lowry House, 16 Marble Street, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M2 3AW.
Arctic Shores Services
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following personal data about you on our Site:
Information you give us.
- This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you request a demo, contact us or you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, business name, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them here
|Google Analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users.||Expires after 2 years: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
|Google Analytics||_gat||Used to throttle request rate.||Expires after 1 minutes: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
|Google Analytics||_gat_UA-73007036-1||Used to throttle request rate.||Expires after 1 minutes: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
|Google Analytics||_gid||Used to distinguish users.||Expires after 24 hours: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
|gsScrollPos||Used to track user scroll position||Expires at the end of the session|
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our Sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to use our Site.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
How we use your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information in our legitimate interests to:
- respond to any questions or enquiries you submit to us through the Site about our Services; and
- notify you about changes to our Site.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information in our legitimate interests:
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to arrange demonstrations of our service, when you request a demo;
as part of our legitimate efforts to keep our site safe and secure, with your consent, if required by law:
- to send you further marketing communications by email or telephone about Arctic Shores Services. You can withdraw your consent where provided, without detriment or object to receiving further marketing information at any time. See ‘opting out of our communications’ below.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We will combine the information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries who support our processing of personal data under this policy .
- Selected third parties including:
- our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any request by you.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Arctic Shores, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where we store your personal data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to respond to your enquiries and to supply or administer Services requested by you through the Site. This may include retention necessary to meet to identify issue or resolve legal proceedings. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our Services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of your personal data held by us;
- to request the rectification or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to request that we cease processing your data;
- to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (while we verify or investigate your concerns with this information, for example);
- to request that your data be transferred to a third party.
We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also object to receiving further marketing at any time without detriment by following the unsubscribe instructions contained within any marketing communication we send to you or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html).
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these Sites, please note that these Sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these Sites.
Changes to this policy
Arctic Shores Limited
Address; 17 Marble Street, Manchester, M2 3AW
email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0844 848 0424