This is the Privacy and Cookies Policy for the assessment application (GBA App) available to employees and candidates of our Clients (‘Candidates’) and the separate online Client Management Portal for Clients (the ‘DataHub’) (collectively ‘Services’) provided by Arctic Shores Limited (“we“,”us” and “our“). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy together with our Terms of Service sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you in relation to the Services, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. Your use of any of the Services is subject to these terms.
Information we collect
We will collect and process the following personal data about:
Candidate GBA App – If you are a Candidate for employment, in order for you to use the GBA App you will have already applied for a position with a potential employer or a recruitment company who is our Client. The potential employing Client will forward a link in an email which will enable the generation of a user ID, user name and password necessary at the point Candidates download and sign in to the GBA App. The personal information we receive from you about you from the use of the GBA App is by reference to this pre-allocated user ID, user name and password. No direct identifying information such as name, email or address is collected or provided to us through the GBA App.
In certain cases we collect Candidate title, first name, last name and email address in relation to a Client that is operating an initial web-based version of the service or in other cases where Candidates contact us direct with a technical support query, we may receive their name, email, and telephone number.
Client DataHub – We collect access credentials in relation to authorised users of the Client including title, first name, last name, email and password.
With regard to each Candidate who visits to the GBA App or a Client contact accessing to DataHub we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including a device identifier, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Services (including date and time), download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number or social media handle used to connect with our customer service team.
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website and under our terms with you. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them here
|datahub.arcticshores.com||sessionid||This cookie is essential for our site and enables us to recognise you when you return to our site.||30 minutes|
|datahub.arcticshores.com||csrftoken||This cookie is essential for our site. This cookie allows us to prevent Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) attacks that force an end user to execute unwanted actions on a web application in which they’re currently authenticated.||1 year|
|datahub.arcticshores.com||messages||This cookie allows us to display confirmation or warning messages after action is taken on a certain page after being redirected.||Instant expiry|
We do not use any non-essential cookies. “sessionid “ has a 30 minute expiry. “csrftoken” has a one year expiry. “messages” expires instantly.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to use our Site.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
How we use collected information
We use information we collect on behalf of our Clients in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations to our Clients arising from any contracts entered into and to provide the information and Services that Clients request from us;
- to notify Clients about changes to our service;
- to administer the Services under our terms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting;
- to improve our Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for Candidates and Clients ;
- to allow participation in any interactive features of our Service,;
- to keep our site safe and secure;
We may use Client contact details for our own purposes:
- to make suggestions and recommendations to our Clients about our services, subject to their stated choices and preferences where relevant.
Disclosure of information
We share personal information:
- with the relevant potential employing Client in relation to Candidate Data;
- service providers – we work with third party service providers who assist us in supporting the Services, including hosting companies. We may also share your information with other companies who assist us with other functions including technical support and development. Where we use third party service providers to provide services, those providers must only use information where necessary to support the services and subject to appropriate contractual and other safeguards.
- outside the normal course of operating the Services, we may also share information where required or entitled by law, legal regulatory process, for the purposes of obtaining legal advice, to prevent fraud or cybercrime or other threats to the Site or Services.
Where we store information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We retain personal data in respect of Candidates for a maximum of 12 months from the date of completing a GBA. This may include retention necessary to meet to support Client enquiries or identify issue or resolve legal proceedings. We retain personal data in respect of authorised users of the Client DataHub for the duration of the active Client account with the Service and this data may be retained for a period after this time as necessary and relevant to our legitimate operations, our terms and in accordance with applicable law obligations.
We may also retain aggregate information arising from the Services beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our Services. Individuals cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Individuals have the right under certain circumstances:
- to be provided with a copy of their personal data;
- to request the rectification or erasure of their personal data;
- to request that processing of their data cease;
- to request that the restriction of processing of their personal data (while their concerns with this information are verified, for example);
- to request that their data be transferred to a third party.
Candidates should address requests regarding the exercise of their rights to the potential employer who is our Client and on whose behalf we act. We will take all reasonable steps to forward any such requests we receive to our Client and to assist as far as possible the Client with their obligation to respond to such request.
We will inform Clients (before collecting data relating their own employee contacts ) if we intend to use their data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect client contact data. It is also possible to object to receiving further marketing at any time without detriment.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved, you may approach your local data protection authority, (see http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html).
Changes to this policy
Arctic Shores Limited
Address; 17 Marble Street, Manchester, M2 3AW
email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0844 848 0424